Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas in Abu Dhabi



This Christmas was definately a little different than any other Christmas that I've celebrated. All I could do is make the most of it. Beleive it or not, they have Santas, Christmas Trees and Christmas Lights in Abu Dhabi despite the strong Islamic faith. They even have the most expensive Christmas Tree in the world at the Emirates Palace Hotel. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101215/lf_afp/uaehotelchristmasoffbeat

While I visited the hotel, I managed to snap a shot of a vending machine. It's not your ordinary vending machine however and you won't find any candy bars. Gold bars is what you can buy and you can't buy them with a dollar. Where is my dad when I need him the most. ;) http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20005010-1.html

As great as all these once in a lifetime experiences were, I missed my family a lot more and will make every attempt to make it home for the holidays next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment