Good bye Boise, Abu Dhabi here I come....
Little did I know, my suitcase was 2lbs over the 50lb weight limit so I had to move 2lb of shoes to my carry on bag or pay $170. I'll take option one, thank you!
ARRIVAL
I have arrived :) I was welcomed by my coworker Dan at the airport on Friday night. The other coworkers were hard at work at the office. The typical work week is Sunday through Thursday so they were actually working on their Saturday. They are slave drivers here. :) Apparently Rose and Manuel were hard at work so that we could take a trip to Dubai on Saturday so they had to get a submittal out the door on Friday.
While the rest was hard at work, I got to experience my first call to prayer while unpacking. A Mosque is located on the same block as our building. It was very cool to hear at around 8pm and not so much at the 4am call. ;) It is all very new to me so I'm still enjoying it and intrigued by this new (to me) culture. Apparently, I'll get to see the largest call to prayer on Friday. I can't wait!
The apartment is very nice. It has the feeling of a dorm room but I have my own room and my own bathroom. Not a bad deal at all. I took a few photos and views of my new dwelling.
My room
The Kitchen
The Living Room
One of the Bathrooms
The View
After I got settled in, we went to a Lebanese restaurant. Yum! Everyone eats very late here (probably waiting until the sun goes down) so the streets and restaurants were still busy at 10pm. Dan warned me that cars don't stop for people here so to be extra cautious. In just a 6 month span, he has seen the aftermaths of about three pedestrian fatalities so we are all being very cautious.
After dinner, we headed back to the office and worked from 1am to 6am. I really wanted to go to Dubai so I figured I could help out a bit. :) Time for bed!
Looks like a nice place! Do you have laundry facilities - is that clothing on the line dry in the living room?
ReplyDeleteDebbie - I posted as anon...only way I could figure it out!
We have a washing machine in the kitchen but we have to line dry everything.
ReplyDeleteI set it up so everyone could comment especially for you. :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletewoo hoo, thanks!
ReplyDeleteShoot, place the clothes outside for 5 minutes and they'll be dry...sandy but dry!